First of all… congratulations for getting into and/or attending UCI! It’s no easy feat. But now it’s time to talk housing options. For many incoming freshmen, dorm life is a great segway into independent living. But for others, dorm life can be distracting. Whether you like it or not, privacy is hard to come by in a dorm room, with a small space, a roommate and people coming and going to socialize. If you’re someone who values privacy, then you might find yourself feeling a little exposed when living in a dorm.
If you’ve “been there, done that” when it comes to UCI dorm life, or if you’re a freshman who values privacy and independent living, our collection of apartments near UCI is probably just what you’re looking for.
Residents of University Town Center, a collection of studio to 3-bedroom apartments and townhomes near UCI, have access to study centers, pools, fitness centers, clubhouses that stay open late during finals. And with great shopping, dining and entertainment options within walking/biking distance at University Center, this collection of apartment homes are perfect for those juggling a busy college lifestyle. Our collection of individual apartment communities are all within walking distance of everything UCI and University Center has to offer.
3 Reasons Why You Should Live Off-Campus
1. There are no rules. When you live off-campus, there are no RAs and quiet hours. Additionally, your off-campus home is separate from school – meaning, nothing goes on your transcript. Renting your own off-campus apartment allows you to hold your own hours (yes, you can study past midnight without bugging your roommate) and do your own thing.
2. Privacy. Tired of hearing your roommate’s phone conversation? In your own apartment, you can move to a new room!
3. More space. A lot of college freshmen are shocked (especially if they are helping to finance their own education) at the price of incredibly cramped dorm living. In an apartment, you’ll have your own room, an actual living area, a kitchen and maybe even some storage space! Plus, dorms don’t have a pool and hot tub… just sayin’.
Many apartments come with:
- Dual master bedrooms
- Laundry facilities, some in-home
- Two parking spaces or private garage with remote
- Two-story townhome options available
- Ultra high-speed Internet exclusively provided by Cox Gigablast℠